Thread: H.U.D mask

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    I am sorry I looked today and the HUD I tried was from Aries! I don't know why I thought Oceanic, but I did! Sorry if anyone was misled, but all the info is the same including the release dates!
    Same company, same mask, different logo.

Country
    USA

Oceanic also owns Hollis.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Of should we say Bob Hollis owns Oceanic, Pelagic (makes computers for lots of folks), Aries and Hollis (which is run by Bob's son)..

Country
    USA

As long as we're adding to the list, I think Bob also owns the Tawali resort in Papua New Guinea.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    As long as we're adding to the list, I think Bob also owns the Tawali resort in Papua New Guinea.
    I'm sure Bob owns a few shares of Microsoft too ... I was not trying to fill out a financial for him, just speak to his major interests in the diving equipment manufacturing area.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I know they're all in the family, but product branding is important and many places in the world can get one but not the other? I was just thinking as I was testing it how much it was like my Data Pro Plus II, because it is, Da! So I just wanted to be clear! And yes we had Hollis on the Boat with all the back plates and cool gear as well as Pelican with some great lights! A LED that is great!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    $5000?? they must be doing WAY too many drugs.

Research?? It is a stinking dive mask with a computer glued to it. Come on, they are not selling at $1200 let alone $5000.

Another typical waste of US tax dollars.
    $1,200 (or for that matter $5,000) seems a reasonable amount to spend to give a man who cost use millions to train even a tiny bit more of an edge. And if we get a cool toy to boot ... that's gravy!

Country
    USA

Usually we get half-truths from the media. I am reminded of aircraft seats for something like the C5 or whatever it was where the media said toilet seats were 10K each. They made it sound like it was hardware store toilet seat. They DIDN'T admit they were thin stainless steel seats that the military only ordered 200 of but that had to be pressed in a $75K custom die so the seat was light but sturdy. But the truth usually won't sell papers.

The R&D alone for these masks must have cost well over 250K, then add liability insurance....the mask probably has $100 in materials in it and most of the rest is R&D.

Personally, if it weren't for the fact that I use gauge readers from Prescription Dive Masks in San Diego and have a heads up Po2 display, I'd have this mask too.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

At 56 I have the obligatory Astigmatism and it was easy to read! I was told it is like looking a 3 ft letters and 6 ft! It was easy to read and the Rebreather model is supposed to have all the bells and whistles? I might have one of these in my future, who knows?
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Usually we get half-truths from the media. I am reminded of aircraft seats for something like the C5 or whatever it was where the media said toilet seats were 10K each. They made it sound like it was hardware store toilet seat. They DIDN'T admit they were thin stainless steel seats that the military only ordered 200 of but that had to be pressed in a $75K custom die so the seat was light but sturdy. But the truth usually won't sell papers.

The R&D alone for these masks must have cost well over 250K, then add liability insurance....the mask probably has $100 in materials in it and most of the rest is R&D.

Personally, if it weren't for the fact that I use gauge readers from Prescription Dive Masks in San Diego and have a heads up Po2 display, I'd have this mask too.
    I believe that since the HUD is at infinity you will be able to read it fine w/o any aids.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast