Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: H.U.D mask

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
    Forget the @#$ seat!!!! My god! What you spend for recreation is not the measuring stick for what is used in a life-or-death situation!! Each application requires it's own evaluation.

Do you think the cost for the production of the second 100 batch of a pill should not include the cost to develop that pill? (lets not go off on the tangent of pharmacueticals and profits) The analogy is drawn to make a point!

I am not sure what point you are trying to make and how it relates? I am NOT saying they should not charge for the R&D and every other cost involved, what I am saying is what they are spending on the R&D are BS numbers. They have these "ACCOUNTANTS" that love to add lots of zeros to the amounts. Seriously how much R&D is required to take an existing mask and an existing computer and put them together. OK so maybe some man hours designing the new mask skirt to fit, and finding the proper size LCD, and costs to actually make the unit, and advertising, but the numbers just don't add up to what they are charging.

And for the pill example you gave: Do you think they should still charge for the R&D of the product after they have made that money back? Example: After they make 5 batches of pills, all of the R&D is paid for, do they still charge for that after the 5th batch? Remember they are still charging enough on the other end to cover their costs and to make their profit. I am sure they don't lower their prices, but instead make unreasonable profits. As a business owner, I believe in profits, but not unreasonable ones. I also believe a customer should not only get what they pay for, but also what they ask for. We don't get either with our tax money!

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make and how it relates? I am NOT saying they should not charge for the R&D and every other cost involved, what I am saying is what they are spending on the R&D are BS numbers. They have these "ACCOUNTANTS" that love to add lots of zeros to the amounts. Seriously how much R&D is required to take an existing mask and an existing computer and put them together. OK so maybe some man hours designing the new mask skirt to fit, and finding the proper size LCD, and costs to actually make the unit, and advertising, but the numbers just don't add up to what they are charging.
    If you can do it better or less expensively then do it and stop bitching about it. If you can't then say, "Good job, Bob!" and let it drop.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by thalassamania View Post
    If you can do it better or less expensively then do it and stop bitching about it. If you can't then say, "Good job, Bob!" and let it drop.
    If that was the business I was in, then I would do it better. I am in a different business, and I DO my business BETTER and I am very reasonable. But just because I am not making my own, does that mean I have to be pleased and say "Good job, Dick"? NO, it means that I can choose to not buy the product (That is what I said from the begining!!!!!!!) and I don't have to talk good about it just because someone else wants me to, so here we are.

I guess you are supposed to be allowed to voice your opinion here. Funny whenever anyone else has something to say that you don't agree with you suddenly think they should not have the right to an opinion. I have seen you do this on other threads (Does Papa Bear need to back me up on that one?).EVERYONE IS ALLOWED THEIR OPINION!

And remember Opinions are like A$$holes, Everyone has one AND THEY ALL STINK!

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

If that was the business I was in, then I would do it better. I am in a different business, and I DO my business BETTER and I am very reasonable. But just because I am not making my own, does that mean I have to be pleased and say "Good job, Dick"? NO, it means that I can choose to not buy the product (That is what I said from the begining!!!!!!!) and I don't have to talk good about it just because someone else wants me to, so here we are.

I guess you are supposed to be allowed to voice your opinion here. Funny whenever anyone else has something to say that you don't agree with you suddenly think they should not have the right to an opinion. I have seen you do this on other threads (Does Papa Bear need to back me up on that one?).EVERYONE IS ALLOWED THEIR OPINION!

And remember Opinions are like A$, Everyone has one AND THEY ALL STINK!
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The value of their opinion, howsoever, is neither equal nor guaranteed. It is directly coupled to their knowledge of the subject at hand. I have never said that anyone is not entitled to an opinion, all I've ever done is cast reasonable doubt on the value of some opinions.

If you think that they all stink, that's your opinion, you are entitled to it, I will take it under advisement and consider the source.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by thalassamania View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The value of their opinion, howsoever, is neither equal nor guaranteed. It is directly coupled to their knowledge of the subject at hand. I have never said that anyone is not entitled to an opinion, all I've ever done is cast reasonable doubt on the value of some opinions.

If you think that they all stink, that's your opinion, you are entitled to it, I will take it under advisement and consider the source.

OK, instead of getting into a name calling contest with you I am going to drop it.

Now lets see a photo of you in a new HUD mask?

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

OK, instead of getting into a name calling contest with you I am going to drop it.

Now lets see a photo of you in a new HUD mask?
    I'm so, so, glad.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Hip, hip horay!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456