Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
Forget the @#$ seat!!!! My god! What you spend for recreation is not the measuring stick for what is used in a life-or-death situation!! Each application requires it's own evaluation.

Do you think the cost for the production of the second 100 batch of a pill should not include the cost to develop that pill? (lets not go off on the tangent of pharmacueticals and profits) The analogy is drawn to make a point!

I am not sure what point you are trying to make and how it relates? I am NOT saying they should not charge for the R&D and every other cost involved, what I am saying is what they are spending on the R&D are BS numbers. They have these "ACCOUNTANTS" that love to add lots of zeros to the amounts. Seriously how much R&D is required to take an existing mask and an existing computer and put them together. OK so maybe some man hours designing the new mask skirt to fit, and finding the proper size LCD, and costs to actually make the unit, and advertising, but the numbers just don't add up to what they are charging.

And for the pill example you gave: Do you think they should still charge for the R&D of the product after they have made that money back? Example: After they make 5 batches of pills, all of the R&D is paid for, do they still charge for that after the 5th batch? Remember they are still charging enough on the other end to cover their costs and to make their profit. I am sure they don't lower their prices, but instead make unreasonable profits. As a business owner, I believe in profits, but not unreasonable ones. I also believe a customer should not only get what they pay for, but also what they ask for. We don't get either with our tax money!