Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H.U.D mask

Registered Users

Default H.U.D mask

What do you think about it? I think its cool,although expensive but very cool. I would love to demo one.

Registered Users

Default Oceanic HUD masks is now selling

I saw the mask at DEMA 2006. What a nice mask. They're going to incorporate that into their new rebreather I talked at length with them about.

I need gauge readers for my middle age eyes, yet I could see the numbers perfect with no blurring.

I saw it on the Internet for sale at some dive retailer for about $1200.

The features are here

The user settings can be read here

To Demo a complete Powerpoint HTML slideshow , click here

Here is their PDF file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RebreatherDave; 01-03-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Registered Users

Default mask

Thanks Dave

I dived Oceanic's HUD mask on New Year's Eve. I really liked it, but I didn't like it enough to shell out $1500.

Registered Users

I want one! Need to save my pennies

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I think this one is another gimmick. Really I would rather spend 1/3 the money for a nice mask and nice computer. Or even a nice full face mask for that matter! You can get an Ocean Reef FFM for 1/2 the price of the HUD mask.

I bet in 5 years the HUD mask will have fallen through the cracks.

By the way, you can get them for a good amount less than the asking price, a few dive shops I know that has them would LOVE to get rid of them. They are not a big seller so if you are still set on getting one try to make a deal.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I just got back from a Manufactures gear test tonight!. We tested the HUD and yes some new split fins. LOL The HUD was cool. It is a good computer Nitrox friendly easy to use. With my 57 year old eyes I had not trouble seeing the display right there. With remaining air depth and no Deco time left. The mask itself fit really well and didn't leak on my face beard and all. The 1500.00 price tag is big and it will come down I would bet. But if you use video or still it is pretty cool to have it right there in front of you. They are working on a full face as well for Public Safety Divers and those that need to use communications. They will also have a Rebreather style by summer. One more step in technology that will have its place. I was hoping they would forget it was on my rig, but they didn't!. I also got a crack at Aries new top of the line Reg was is exactly that!. Comes with a built in swivel and breaths like a dream. We spent two days at Santa Cruz Island on the Backside with great weather testing.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Smile

I think this one is another gimmick too....like We used to think of pressure guages, integrated BC...heck BC alone! I fear this is the look of the future. While I still take out my double hose Aqualung on my steel 72 with J valve from Sears, Most of the time I dive my more modern gear. Who knows 35 years from now (I was first certified 35 years ago) we may just look back fondly on the days when we used to dive with a HUD mask...remember when we thought they were a gimick now with the occular implants and gill franistaners how could we ever have used masks and Tanks!!!

Country
    USA

The R&D on this mask was fully funded by the military, yet they said Oceanic was free to sell the product on the civilian market, otherwise, it would be a $5,000 mask. They are thinking of integrating the HUD to a CCR.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

$5000?? they must be doing WAY too many drugs.

Research?? It is a stinking dive mask with a computer glued to it. Come on, they are not selling at $1200 let alone $5000.

Another typical waste of US tax dollars.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast