Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

I'm a Director and Cinematographer from the Commercial / TV world. My wife is a Commercial Producer and Oceanographer and she introduced my to diving 3 years ago. I'm hooked. Our passions have been steadily aligning and we are looking forward to shooting many films underwater.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Very good Gram, it is a learning process and a challenge to shot underwater as it is 800 times denser than air and lighting is proportional to that as well! Your diving skills are your best friend and worst enemy, besides mother nature, and good diving skills create a great product..... Continuity in your scenes is also a challenge as you are now working in three dimensions and you set the scene and mood! You're now producing silent films Underwater gestures and actions set the tone of the action! I hope you take what I am saying as a pro and understand where it is coming from..... Hope to see more from you, keep diving, there is a whole world out there!
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 03-09-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

So true!

Thanks for the insight on all points, it's inspiring to hear your point of view on capturing an underwater story. I'm always looking for a challenge and the convergence of these two passions is turning out to be just that challenge.

I can't wait to start working on the next one!

Country
    USA

I know what you mean Graham, each new film we do is better then the previous, and not as good as the next.
    SMN Publisher

SO true! That is the lesson - keep learning, keep getting better.