Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I'm not sure what this is

Thread: I'm not sure what this is

Registered Users

Cool I'm not sure what this is

and i'm not even sure if i'm in the right forum but i was wondering if anyone here could help me out. My brother often spends time hiking in the woods and today he sent me these pictures. He found this weird thing out by a creek and he couldn’t figure out what it was and he sent these pictures to me hoping I could help because I’m pretty good at identifying nature. I don’t know what it is and no amount of internet searching could help me get any closer to the answer. It’s tentacle-like, but not like any tentacle I’ve ever seen. He says it’s purple and rubbery and when he crushed it it had insides. We’re going crazy trying to figure this out. here's the pics:
    tumblr_mgqo7mBNLA1qcqp3do1_500.jpg

Last edited by Papa Bear; 01-17-2013 at 03:55 AM.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Looks like a plant to me, a seed pod, but need more info like consistency, what was on the inside, locomotion, part of the world, climate, etc.... I think it is a seed pod myself? Don't forget size?
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Looks like a plant to me, a seed pod, but need more info like consistency, what was on the inside, locomotion, part of the world, climate, etc.... I think it is a seed pod myself? Don't forget size?
    i'm not sure about the size and consistency myself sine i wasn't there but we're in eastern pennsylvania if that helps. i'm pretty sure it wasn't moving so if it is was an animal then it was dead.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I am sure it is a seed pod that is being eaten by Bactria as I see no organs and the inside seems consistent in all exposed areas.... I have seen this kind of seed in my travels, but can't put my finger on it right away! I will see what I can find
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Possibly one that fell before it opened like this?

Country
    USA

Whatever it was it sure was not alive!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

It looks like the STOCK of a Palmetto Plant that was worn down by tumbling down stream? I know I have seen something like this before? It was alive at one time as it was growing at one time

Country
    USA

It looks like a section of old mountain bike tire! lol
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

what was on the inside, locomotion, part of the world, climate, etc.... I think it is a seed pod myself? Don't forget size?