Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DVD's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD's

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Default DVD's

One question and one comment:

Has anyone watched the "Facing Darkness" DVD? I was wondering how it is..

Comment: I watched "Open Water 2: Adrift" last night. As Monty Python would say: "RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!" There are better ways to spend a couple hours. Even Capt. Morgan didn't help raise the enjoyment factor.
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I thought they got eaten in the first one? I dont know ive never watched it but how do they come back for the second one if they do?

Matt

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

LOL.. Yeah, they get eaten in the first one.. Has nothing to do with the first one except in name.. This one is about a group of 6 people and a baby 5 years after high school that get together to celebrate one of the guy's birthday. They all go out on a yacht. At one point, they jump off to go swimming. They forget to lower the ladder and the yacht is too tall to get back on. Hence, the insuing "drama." If you want to save your two hours, I'll tell you how it ends.
    **D**
    Adopt a Manatee

the first one was terrible wanna tell me how great the second ending is? didn't even knew there was a second one

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

SPOILER... (To a crappy movie, so I'm not sure why I'm warning anyone.)

Out of 6 people and 1 baby on the yacht: 3 die for sure. 1 swims off and you never see her again. The baby survives and is crying at the end. The last two are somewhat questionable. One dude is laying on the deck of the yacht, unknown if dead or alive and there is lady (mother of the baby) standing on the deck almost in a trance. What's questionable is, she isn't trying to help the baby or the guy on the deck and there is a fishing trawler circling the boat not seeing anyone on it. Is she a ghost? Is she so freaked out she can't move? Is she just happy to be alive and on the boat but thinking about her dead husband? I don't know and I'm not willing to sit through it again to see if I missed something.
    **D**
    Adopt a Manatee

well thanks

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

I'll answer my own question.. I ordered the "Facing Darkness" DVD.. Pretty good.. 45 minutes talking to Bill Rennaker and the North Florida Cave Diving folks.. Some nice footage and a good look at cave diving in general. A much better buy for my $25 as opposed to the $20 I spent for O/W 2. I've been interested in Cave Diving and this just made me more interested.. Not to mention, those guys are "local" (within 3 hours) of me.
    **D**
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Rennaker is an amazing instructor. I was in his class coming out of the Carousel 90 plus feet. When he sails by me with a big smile and no regulator!. It was a drill to see how we were doing at 90ft with the narcoses. I looked over and headed for him with my back up and he smiled again gave me an Okay sign and dropped back to my buddy never putting the reg in his mouth. My buddy never noticed his reg missing and I don't think he took a breath for 2 minutes. I would strongly suggest that this man should be in the Diver's Hall of Fame. If you can get trained by him do it before he retires. You will find none better.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

That's a very cool story.. My O/W instructor got some training from Rennaker, but I don't think he was able to finsih up his Cave with him. He thinks the wold of Mr. Bill. I've met him and he was a great guy to talk too. Have you seen the picture of him with Tiger Woods in his shop? Who'da thunk Tiger was a cave diver??
    **D**
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Does this look familiar?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast