Hi, this is my first post - just registered today.

I took the classroom and pool instruction for SDI open water certification 5 years ago (even bought $1000 worth of equiptment because i was serious) but two days before the ocean dives my husband was diagnosed with a rare terminal cancer. Needless to say our whole world turned upside down and I haven't focused on Scuba Diving since then. After an amazingly courageous battle, my husband passed away 4 weeks ago. This is really my first actual "decision" concerning my future since his passing but ....I'm going to start the certification process again. I can't find an SDI class near me, there is a PADI class about an hour away. This is my concern: the equipment I bought has a computer and for some reason the thought of using the "tables" in a PADI class makes me nervous. I'm sure some will say it is best to know how to do it manually as well as using the computer but I'm just reluctant. The wonderful part is that one of my son's went to the Philippines a couple of years ago, met a girl, and still lives there ........ "up on the mountain" about 30 minutes from Moalboal. I don't know when ........ but I'm going there in the next year and who knows, maybe I'll like it so much in Moalboal, I'll get a place and stay. But first I want to get certified. Any thoughts?