City
    Farnborough
    State
    Hampshire
    Country
    UK

Default Playa del Carmen - Ocean Maya Royale - Dive It

Hi,
    We’re going to be staying at the Ocean Maya Royale near Playa del Carmen. We’re keen divers, I can see from the hotel web site that they have an onsite dive centre called Dive It.
    Interested to know more about other people’s experiences and dive suggestions’.
    Did you dive with Dive It.
    Diving suggestions’
    Looking forward to your reply’s.

Cheers

Steve

Country
    USA

Hello Steve,

We haven't been to the Caribbean as we see the biodiversity levels there compared to the Coral Triangle, and when we see the Caribbean has 6 times less different fish species and about 10 times less hard and soft coral species compared to the Philippines, well, that pretty much seals that deal.

I do hear there are some great places where one may dive with sperm whales, such as Dominica...that sure interests us!

The Ocean Maya Resort looks pretty nice!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Farnborough
    State
    Hampshire
    Country
    UK

Sperm whales would be cool, very cool. This is the first holiday we've had in 4 years where it's not been Dive, Dive, Dive. Hoping to get 3 or 4 days diving in, a days diving off the main land coast, a days diving off Cozumel and a days diving in the cenotes caves and possibly back to our favourite just so we can say we've done Mexico.

We dived Bonaire a couple of years back and it was very, very nice but agreed not as good as traveling east.*

We dived Sipidan last year and it was amazing we're heading to Bali next year *can't wait. Also done the Indian Ocean a couple of times. But if I'm honest Red Sea is difficult to beat if you have to watch the pennies, as we and most people do. If I could afford traveling to the Indian ocean and east every time I would because as you say the coral and fish diversity is amazing.

But it's nice to try different parts of the world.*

Steve.

Country
    USA

I hear the Red Sea is crowded with divers in the best areas....

To put costs into perspective, in the Philippines, a 1 hour massage in town is 3-5 Euros, a 2 San Miguel beers are about 1 Euro, etc.

You'll really likely Bali!
    SMN Publisher