Quote Originally Posted by lars2923 View Post
If you never dove Lake George, you'll like it.
The only tme I dove Lake George was when I certified. That was at Hearthstone. There were at least 3-4 different dive operations doing open water certification and a bunch of swimmers stiring everything up. The vis really sucked.

On our last cert dive the people ahead of my buddy and I swam into the bottom and everything went black. Lost the group and lost my buddy. I waited and thought - I'm supposed to surface after a minute BUT if I surface I fail cert. E'ff that. Luckily, I found my buddy, led him to the group and completed the dive.

Becasue of that I never ventured back. I'm hoping that Roger's Rock won't be that way. I've been told that LG is the only place worth diving in this area. I've done some diving in Saratoga, done volunteer diving for milfoil remediation in Brant Lake, but haven't found anyplace that's been really clear.

Recently I was told that Champlain was really clear because of the zebra mussles. Same for the St. Lawrence. Both are a bit of a trip for me, though I could do Champlain in a day. I just have no idea where I could get some good shore diving in at either destination.