City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Default Diver stares into jaws of shark

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-of-shark.html

THIS diver had a hair-raising moment when he found himself staring into the jaws of an enormous shark.

But luckily for him the giant animal is actually completely harmless — feeding mainly on plankton.

The stunning photograph was taken off the coast of Mexico during an enormous feeding session where more than 600 of the 40ft whale sharks gathered to feast.

The mammoth sharks have mouths up to 1.5m wide that contain up to 350 rows of teeth.

Photographer Mauricio Handler, 49, said: "The picture of the diver staring into the gaping jaws of the shark was an incredible adrenaline rush.

"I led an expedition of photographers and when you're down there with the fish it is like another world.

"On our last day I was taking a photograph of a whale and it ended up swimming at my photographer friend.

"They don't have very good eyesight but the diver managed to get out of the way."
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Country
    USA

I had a chance to dive with whale sharks in Leyte.....pretty spectacular
    SMN Publisher