Thread: Trying to become a diver

Registered Users

Talking Trying to become a diver

Hi,

I'm new here.... I was certified a couple of summers ago but have not really gotten into the sport as I had planned. So I'm going to take a refresher course in a few weeks to make sure I'm ready. I have found as being new to the sport and being in my fifties....its kind of hard to find someone to dive with me as I'm taking my time to make sure I feel comfortable about what I'm doing. Is that common for everyone? Does anyone dive at Lake Rawlings in Virginia? Anyway I am glad to find this site...hopefully it will help me in my journey to become a diver....

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by tlondonjr View Post
    Hi,

I'm new here.... I was certified a couple of summers ago but have not really gotten into the sport as I had planned. So I'm going to take a refresher course in a few weeks to make sure I'm ready. I have found as being new to the sport and being in my fifties....its kind of hard to find someone to dive with me as I'm taking my time to make sure I feel comfortable about what I'm doing. Is that common for everyone? Does anyone dive at Lake Rawlings in Virginia? Anyway I am glad to find this site...hopefully it will help me in my journey to become a diver....
    Check out divebuddy.com You can locate buddies in your area, invite them to dive, etc. Good way to network. Once you find someone and they you, dive together often, learn each others gear and habits and your diving will be more enjoyable and safer. Good Luck.
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"