Thread: Hi from Utah

Registered Users

Default Hi from Utah

I'm kind of new to diving I've been diving for about 3 yrs. none of which has been in the big puddle (ocean) all of my dives have been in lakes in Utah. I LOVE to spearfish. I want to "bug" hunt but haven't saved enough to afford a trip. I've always wanted to dive ever since I was a little kid. Finally in one of my college ventures I was able to take diving as an elective class. Now I'm hooked.

Have you dived the Homestead Crater? That's one thing I regret not doing during my visit to Utah (mostly because the outside temp was 20F and it was snowing)! But that 96F water sounded so nice.......
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Registered Users

Default The Crater

Yes, that is where I certified it is rely nice to dive in such warm water. The vis gets pretty bad if you go to the bottom though. One fin kick and the whole thing is murky for then rest of the day, bcouse of the silt on the bottom. It's worth diving once.

Quote Originally Posted by nashhunter View Post
    Yes, that is where I certified it is rely nice to dive in such warm water. The vis gets pretty bad if you go to the bottom though. One fin kick and the whole thing is murky for then rest of the day, bcouse of the silt on the bottom. It's worth diving once.
    I didn't know they did certifications there~ but what a great place to do them! No wetsuit, no drysuit, just a bathing suit-- even if its 10F outside
    I'd love to get a dive or 2 in the crater-- just to enjoy that toasty water... hehe
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Registered Users

Homestead doesn't do certs. there but a dive shop in Orem owns the rights to the crater or something like that, so when they teach open water they use the crater for your dives.