Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dive Masters Dive Masters Dive Masters

Country
    USA

It is true that most careers in the recreation dive field do not pay at all.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    It is true that most careers in the recreation dive field do not pay at all.
    True and very unfortunate, but something that is pretty known to people before entering into diving as a career. There are some dive jobs that pay extremely well, but usually they are nothing even remotely close to the diving we do or think of.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I have found DM's to be "People" with all the positives and all the negatives and sometimes an ego! If your skills are at the top of your game a good DM will know from the start! Don't start a "Pissing match" with a DM or Instructor and you'll find your experience a better one.... They should know their sites and conditions better than a visitor and pass that info on to the Paying customer! I have had groups where I will talk to the DM before hand and point out people that might need some watching or tell them "Don't worry" about a certain person as their skills are top notch.... Their job is tough being nice to the general public and keeping a good attitude while herding chickens on a time schedule.... DM are required most places, so it is something you have to live with, might as well make the best of it

I find once they know your skill level and if they enjoy diving as much as you, you will get the cool critters and places pointed out to you on the "Extended dive" or the special added bonus play!!! Remember the industry is a young persons industry and the normal profile is 21 to 31 and gone!

You should be able to express quietly to the DM without challenging them what YOU are looking for in your dive and vacation!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12