Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review of 5d/5n Burma Liveaboard Dive Trip with AICD (Based in Ranong, Thailand)

Registered Users
    Country
    Denmark

You just do not get it do you. AIDC is a decent company and Pipefish is trying to destroy them (and you are just enjoying it by reading what you want to read) - therefore I dive with them. End og story and comment.

For the record I have no connection to anyone in the company except enjoying their services and hospitality, so do not keep on rattling about me and my relationship as an excuse for me putting up for the company. I would do this for anyone who I can see is being slagged off without good reason. Who knows you could be in company with pipefish and therefore you keep on talking about something of whch you have no idea or clue about. You and your democracy ..............................
    Jens Erik. Dk

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by jeja26 View Post
    therefore you keep on talking about something of whch you have no idea or clue about. You and your democracy ..............................
    What are you talking about? You have no idea what I know or don't know.

My democracy? When did democracy become mine?

I think you are living in LaLa land over there in Denmark and don't understand how the rest of the world operates.

Registered Users
    Country
    Denmark

"Democracy is form of government in which all citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives. Ideally, this includes equal (and more or less direct) participation in the proposal, development and passage of legislation into law"
    Denmark is the cradle of democracy - like it or not.

You have no excperience with AIDC - your excperience and likes is this thread, which you choose to read as you please. You choose to believe one person and all others are apparantley not telling the truth and are in some way or another connected or in conspiracy with AIDC. Therefore you have no excperience in this matter and I would never judge you in any other matter, as you so correctly say: what do I know about that. Stick to the subject.

The subject here being that other divers have different opnions and excperiences with this specific company, and they have the right to be heard equally and not being slammed or put down by peolpe like you, because they have different opinions.
    Jens Erik. Dk

Registered Users

Acelockco you get way too personal now. I have had experience with four different liveaboards in similan/surin and burma over the last 11 years now and AIDC was the best of all. I have also no relationship with this company but always had a great time with them.
    Gerd

Registered Users

Default Reply AIDC

Sorry it took some time to give a response. We are quite busy and I just came back last night from a 7 day trip.

In regard to the cabin, it’s not a crack in the floor but a hatch we have under the madras so we can inspect the tanks behind the engine. It’s true you can see light true the hatch if you take away the madras.
    I just spend 7 days in the same cabin and had absolutely no problem with smell of fuel. Ok it’s noisier when the engine is running and we will try to correct that with a double wall and floor for the next season. That should also help against the smell of fuel, if any.

I trust my Dive master and Instructor 100% and we have made a comment on that before.
    I have dived in Burma the last 11 years (6 years with AIDC) and never had a dive accident with our customers, so I think we can conclude that we do it in a safe way.

About the Starfish it’s was actually from an old video and it’s not something our divers do, but me. With over 2000 dives I did it 2 times, like it or not…
    To pull out a Moray there is stocked in a hole with his head, is that a bad thing?

We paid compensation to everybody if they had extra cost because of the delay.
    One group had made a hotel reservation on Phuket and we paid for 2 nights, same story as if you book a live aboard. We also paid the cost for a taxi driver because he had to take one night in Ranong.
    Remember pipefish only paid 7.420,-THB including entry fee for the trip and the normal price is 37.000,-THB. I will call that a very fair deal… And it’s really not our problem that he didn’t make travel insurance for his first booking.

Preben

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by hallenbad View Post
    Acelockco you get way too personal now. I have had experience with four different liveaboards in similan/surin and burma over the last 11 years now and AIDC was the best of all. I have also no relationship with this company but always had a great time with them.
    Gerd
    Gerd,

You don't know me, and you surely have not posted here before this, but you think you are in a position to tell me I am taking something too personally?

I am glad you have had good experiences with liveaboards, but doesn't have any bearing on the experience that Pipefish had. I do find it odd that you and other "new members" are here with all of these years of diving experience and the only thread you can comment on is this one. If you want credibility, you need to partake in more of our other discussions. At this point for all I know you are all employees of AICD, or even the same person.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Aidc View Post
    We paid compensation to everybody if they had extra cost because of the delay.
    As you should have, but what about the other loss of their vacation time and such? I see you just don't get it and are not going to get it. Not a problem, there are plenty of other companies out there that want our business.

Registered Users

I would just like to clarify:

The amount of 7.420,-THB per diver was the "upgrade" to the 5d/n Burma trip from the 5d/n Similan trip, which we had originally booked. The total cost of our liveaboard "vacation" was more than 30.000,- THB per diver.

However, given our experience, and as I have already said, I would not take this trip again even if I was paid for it.

Thank you, acelockco, for your understanding. Indeed, "pipefish" was not available as a username on scuba-board, which is why there (and only there) I have posted as "guitarfish".
    Also, it is good to see that we are not alone in our disbelief that an operation like AIDC can survive any competition at all in the long run, given their poor service.
    Last edited by Pipefish; 04-17-2011 at 02:38 PM.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

No problem Pipefish. As a business owner I know that the best way to do well in business is to make your customers happy. I have had a few customers in the past that were not happy with something and I either made it right, gave them a refund or didn't charge them to begin with. Of course it is a loss for my business, but money is not the most important thing. I provide a service for people, and I don't expect them to pay for a service they were not happy with.

Doing business that way has gained me a lot of clients. Remember if you do a great job your customers will tell somebody, if you do a bad job your customers will tell everybody. It seems that AICD failed to do their job in making their customer happy. It also seems they failed to make things right even if it caused a loss of revenue. Now they have an unhappy customer that is going to tell everyone....seems pretty simple and straight forward to me.

Now after all of this Pipefish, I really hope you see fit to use our forum in the future for your other diving thoughts, ideas and questions. We love to see photos, dive reports and anything else dive related. Seeing that you are someone that travels the world to dive, I am sure you have a wealth of information you could share with the rest of us. Hopefully you don't use us for your rant and then move on.

Registered Users

Default Reply AIDC

Ok, again… It’s very clear in your Booking Confirmation that if you make cancellation 2 weeks or less before the trip the full amount will be charged.
    I made you a very fair deal that you only had to pay 7.540,- and then you could join a Burma trip instead. In the booking Confirmation it also say that you should make a travel insurance that cover Scuba diving and it would also cover in cases like this where you have to cancel a trip.
    I only gave you this deal because I wanted to help you. If you want I can put in your booking confirmation and our email conversation?
    Until now I didn’t mention that you actually also canceled the Burma trip after you made the booking, because of reasons that I don’t want to put public.

Preben
    AIDC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast