Thread: Review of 5d/5n Burma Liveaboard Dive Trip with AICD (Based in Ranong, Thailand)

Hybrid View

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Obviously his problem was not solved between them and it is clear that the management doesn't want to take responsibility for their business and actions. AICD can always end this by making things right.

On another note, you mentioned you find it odd that the same trip can be described in two so different ways. I don't find this odd at all. Everyone in the world is unique and their views on things are all different. If that were not the case we would not even be talking right now. I mean why would we if we all already had the same views?

Saying that his complaints are invalid, crossing the border or disrespectful is absurd and makes me wonder if you are an employee or in some fashion being compensated for your posts here regarding this dispute.

Anyway, bottom line AICD failed to deliver what was promised, which alone is enough to make divers avoid the operation. Add the fact that AICD did not make things right with their customer and STILL refuses to take responsibility will SURELY keep divers very far away from this operation.

To take things even a step further, the 2nd line of AICD's web site says "We guarantee that you will enjoy your diving experience with us." Well where is that guarantee? AICD, put your money where your mouth is!

And after looking at the video on their web site, I instantly knew this was some 2 bit operation. STAY CLEAR.

Registered Users
    Country
    Denmark

I think I will back off. No offence but you are not gettiing the point and I won´t waste your or aybody elses time because you are reading and interpreting the stuff in your way and you apparantley do not want to see the other side of the coin. You do as you choose.

Just for the record I am not an employee. I am approx 8500 kilometers away from Thailand. My daughter is diving with AIDC at the moment on a 7 day trip. She is having a great time, everything according to plan, all arrangements (travel, lodging, visa run to Burma etc) by the book - no problem at all. I for one will be diving with AIDC in the future - I have no problem with that.
    Jens Erik. Dk

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by jeja26 View Post
    Just for the record I am not an employee. I am approx 8500 kilometers away from Thailand. My daughter is diving with AIDC at the moment
    So you are not an employee but have been diving with them many times as does your family. What is your relationship with AIDC and it's employees, owner, management, etc. ?

I can't imagine that a random customer would go to such lengths to debunk Pipefish's comments and credibility. I also have seen his post on another forum, and yes under a different name because the one he used here was not available, and you were ripping him up there as well. I also noticed the majority of people over there are in his corner as well.

Registered Users
    Country
    Denmark

You just do not get it do you. AIDC is a decent company and Pipefish is trying to destroy them (and you are just enjoying it by reading what you want to read) - therefore I dive with them. End og story and comment.

For the record I have no connection to anyone in the company except enjoying their services and hospitality, so do not keep on rattling about me and my relationship as an excuse for me putting up for the company. I would do this for anyone who I can see is being slagged off without good reason. Who knows you could be in company with pipefish and therefore you keep on talking about something of whch you have no idea or clue about. You and your democracy ..............................
    Jens Erik. Dk

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by jeja26 View Post
    therefore you keep on talking about something of whch you have no idea or clue about. You and your democracy ..............................
    What are you talking about? You have no idea what I know or don't know.

My democracy? When did democracy become mine?

I think you are living in LaLa land over there in Denmark and don't understand how the rest of the world operates.

Registered Users
    Country
    Denmark

"Democracy is form of government in which all citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives. Ideally, this includes equal (and more or less direct) participation in the proposal, development and passage of legislation into law"
    Denmark is the cradle of democracy - like it or not.

You have no excperience with AIDC - your excperience and likes is this thread, which you choose to read as you please. You choose to believe one person and all others are apparantley not telling the truth and are in some way or another connected or in conspiracy with AIDC. Therefore you have no excperience in this matter and I would never judge you in any other matter, as you so correctly say: what do I know about that. Stick to the subject.

The subject here being that other divers have different opnions and excperiences with this specific company, and they have the right to be heard equally and not being slammed or put down by peolpe like you, because they have different opinions.
    Jens Erik. Dk

Registered Users

Acelockco you get way too personal now. I have had experience with four different liveaboards in similan/surin and burma over the last 11 years now and AIDC was the best of all. I have also no relationship with this company but always had a great time with them.
    Gerd