Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women Knocked to Ground & Arrested for Refusing to Be Sexually Assaulted by TSA

Registered Users

Default Those balls

You know those balls some hang on the tail end of their trucks?
    Hang one of those down and go through...
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by willis View Post
    as I mentioned earlier, that since these people can decide on a whim whether I stay or go,
    So you are fine with having some other person have that authority over you?

If you really feel that way, maybe you don't deserve or need freedom.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lars2923 View Post
    You know those balls some hang on the tail end of their trucks?
    Hang one of those down and go through...
    Truck Nuts Very sweet idea!

Registered Users
    City
    East St. Paul
    State
    Manitoba
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    So you are fine with having some other person have that authority over you?

If you really feel that way, maybe you don't deserve or need freedom.
    I'm not fine with it at all! But what are my options? Stay home? I guess I could refuse the scan or the search! That'll teach them a lesson! Imagine how bad they'll feel when they have to tell me to get lost, cause I'm not getting through their security. Let's boycott the border crossings! Oh yeah that's the same as "Stay home"! all I'm saying is we don't have much choice as things so pissing & moaning about it here won't do any good.

Registered Users
    City
    East St. Paul
    State
    Manitoba
    Country
    Canada

By the way...re: "as I mentioned earlier, that since these people can decide on a whim whether I stay or go," This isn't something new & has nothing to do with Scanners or Patdowns. It's always been like that. The border people have always had that power over us. At least ever since I've been crossing borders.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I'm not fine with it at all! But what are my options?
    You do have options. You can opt out of the body scanner and request the pat down. This generally (except in the case you mentioned earlier) causes a slow down at the security checkpoint, eliminates the use of their multi-million dollar body scanner, and causes at least one TSA employee to get off their chair to actually do something.

You can also take the time to write your government representative and voice your opinion in public or on public forums. At least your representative will know you are not happy with the situation and will remember it come election time. Your public voicing of the issue will also help to get other people educated about the situation and hopefully get them to join our fight for freedom.

OR

You can just act like a drone and do whatever they say and give up your rights.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

By the way...re: "as I mentioned earlier, that since these people can decide on a whim whether I stay or go," This isn't something new & has nothing to do with Scanners or Patdowns. It's always been like that. The border people have always had that power over us. At least ever since I've been crossing borders.
    I don't know how long you have been crossing boarders, but it has NOT always been like that. I clearly remember going back and forth from the US to Canada and all I had to do was show the boarder patrol agent my drivers license and tell them I was on vacation. I didn't even have to get out of my car, and the agent didn't get out of his booth. It was just as quick and easy as going through a toll plaza on the highway. By the way, this was for New Years 2000, so you must not have been crossing boarders for very long.

Registered Users
    City
    East St. Paul
    State
    Manitoba
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    I don't know how long you have been crossing boarders, but it has NOT always been like that. I clearly remember going back and forth from the US to Canada and all I had to do was show the boarder patrol agent my drivers license and tell them I was on vacation. I didn't even have to get out of my car, and the agent didn't get out of his booth. It was just as quick and easy as going through a toll plaza on the highway. By the way, this was for New Years 2000, so you must not have been crossing boarders for very long.
    I agree, for the most part it was very easy. But not always. The point I was trying to make is that they have always, had the right to deny access, on a whim, if they felt like it. As an example. I work for a Canadian company in Canada. We have a branch in San Diego that I'm required to visit ocassionally. Six times since 2004. My first visit in 2004, the US Customs guy, when told that I was travelling to our branch on business, apparently was worried that I was going to the US to take away employment from a US citizen or something & denied me access. Even though I had a return flight booked, which I would consider further proof that I wasn't going there to steal a job. The co worker that I was travelling with, talked to another customs guy in the next booth & away he went, on to San Diego. Seems like a whim to me. One of the Customs agents in a ****ty mood perhaps. I had to rebook my flight for the next day & since then we have always travelled with a signed letter from our corporate lawyer, expaining that I work for the company, in Canada, will be returning to Canada, & will be paid by our company in Canada & that I have no intention of abandoning my residence in Canada. I have had to produce this letter each time.

Registered Users
    City
    East St. Paul
    State
    Manitoba
    Country
    Canada

Ooops.....I just checked back & that 1st trip was in fact, in 2000. Not 2004

Registered Users
    City
    East St. Paul
    State
    Manitoba
    Country
    Canada

BTW Acelockco...this has been fun. I enjoy a good debate. I hope that there is no offence taken , because that certainly isn't my intent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast