Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Default Keeping fit

Did another race yesterday, a half marathon over a very hilly course. The sun came out to play, which made it too hot to run, a couple of nice downhills made it fun.

If anyone is interested in seeing the route it's here - http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-k...24827987122228

Click on elevation and then stretch the box vertically.

I complete around 20 races a year, no marathons this year but I have completed 9 so far including New York, Paris & London.

The biggest problem is that runners tend to use a lot of air underwater, they are used to using a lot of air while running, my tip is just to think about your breathing for a minute as soon as you hit your depth - it works for me.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    ...but I could run like the wind blows....
    I could say so much to that comment (read:lavatorial humour)
    Lottie

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!
    Alright Forrest
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Country
    USA

I run like the wind too, unfortunately, for me, it is the wind in the equatorial doldrums.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    Alright Forrest
    Ahhhh...at least someone got it.

Default Hello

Fit body is a need of everyone. In fact no one can stay happily without good health including driver also....

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

After the race that started this thread I had some knee pain. After an MRI scan and a chat with my doctor I have been told never to run again or do anything that causes impact on my knee. He was surprised I was walking unaided now.

So I bought a Triathlon wetsuit and started sea swimming. Water temps locally never get warmer than 16C so suits are important. I now swim 1-2 miles 2-3 times a week, freestyle with no leg movement. I don't feel as fit as when I ran but at least there's no impact on my knees.