Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Should underwater hunters use this site???? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should underwater hunters use this site????

City
    Clitheroe
    State
    Lancashire
    Country
    Born Scotland / Live England

Well said hbh2oguard on the designer dogs issue. Those folks who dont adopt an abandoned dog in favour for a "prestige" dog, probably claim to be animal lovers too. Just more concerned about the image they portray.

The wide range of opinions on this subject show that people who seem to share the same values, can be worlds apart.
    For every 10 people getting aboard a whale watching boat, there will be another 10 up-front attaching a harpoon.

Quote Originally Posted by drdiver View Post
    I personally prefer fish to dogs and many, many more fish are killed every day than dogs and cats. I tend to agree about the designer dogs.
    yes I miss spoke/wrote I meant that too many dogs and cats are killed every day, which are just wasted lives because hopefull no one is eating them!

In the 70's and 80's I did a fair amount of spearfishing. I have to admit I liked stalking the prey. I found the kill, however, an anticlimax. I always felt a bit sad. I ALWAYS hunted to eat. If I saw a 10 lb grouper next to a 30 lb grouper, I would go for the smaller.
    I grew up in Florida and the biggest fish tend to get wormy and the flesh is not as good. Also, the breeders need to be kept. The macho big game hunters almost completely wiped out the goliath groupers in areas of Fl. Only tight conservation has started a slow comback.
    I still eat fish whenever I can, but now enjoy "hunting" with a camera. The same thrill of the stalk, with less depressing end result.
    Last edited by allisonfinch; 12-26-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123