Why not start a lively debate on the ethics of macho underwater hunters?....I thought.

I've just flicked thru the gallery on this forum and found 4 photos of a guy trumphantly holding up huge fish that he has presumably just killed!!!
Now....being that most divers are fish lovers and enjoy swimming amongst them, I find this quite perplexing. Dont get me wrong, I like a bit of fish for dinner too, but a smaller (more common)species would suffice. If I fancy a bit of chicken for supper I dont nip out into the Daintree rain forest and start blasting away at the biggest Cassowaries I can find...(and then post the pics on a birdwatching website)

The "Cod hole" dive site off cairns wouldnt be the same if these guys got their way. In the same way that free divers are a different sport, shouldnt these killers be on a game fishing forum displaying their trophies.

We tell novice divers not to touch anything and leave only bubbles but what if they fancy blasting a spike thru a 50 year old, tourist drawing napolean wrasse??

I've seen"sportsmen" dragging reef sharks out of dive sites in Thailand, when I'm guiding customers to a place where they might see their first shark!!!!

Ok...can of worms open, jump in...