Thread: left a 24/7 job for my passion to scuba

Registered Users
    Country
    Malta

Default left a 24/7 job for my passion to scuba

Hi All, am new to this forum..I have been in scuba for the past 5 years but this last year I was seriously thinking of turning this passion of mine into my full time job..

After seriously thinking it over I have finally made the decision to start my own e-commerce Scuba and Snorkeling site... www.scuba-snorkeling-adventures.com Should anyone wish to review just go ahead.

Life has never been so great..Scuba diving has really changed my life and way of thinking...I currently work from home on a subject I love so much...Thought I should share this with you...

Happy diving

Kris
    Kris Mifsud - Publisher of www.scuba-snorkeling-adventures.com

Country
    USA

Hi Kris, thanks for joining up and best wishes for your new venture.

The profession is very difficult to really make any money in, and many hobby or past time based endeavors are....

Hopefully you have some stability to back you up during your time developing your new business.

But for those that can make their hobby a business that gives them security AND they make money doing what they love, I have to say, more power to you!
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    Country
    Malta

Hey thanks for your reply. I know it's difficult to make any money especially on line , but at least not looking for much nor do I have any high expectations, just want to start out slowly and maybe one day make a living out of what I love that's all.

All the best

Kris

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Welcome. Good luck.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

It is difficult, and I checked out the website and online store. After trying to navigate through the online store, I feel it is going to be much more difficult then you anticipated. Take some time and look at the store Leisurepro (www.leisurepro.com) has put together to get some ideas on how you might better compete. They have a much better layout and the search features make finding what you want quick and easy with a few clicks. MUCH better then sorting through 100+ pages of products to find what you are looking for.

Sorry for being so blunt, but I figure the blunt truth is better then a sugar coated lie.

I have a saying that I think is appropriate : You are a day late and a dollar short.

Country
    USA

Kris,

One of the things that can help you with organic search engine ranking is something you are already doing, and that is having your dive related website address in your signature line.

The more Google spiders see your website address, the more legitimate they figure it is, so they rank you higher. So the more posts you make here and elsewhere with that signature line, the better.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I had no idea, time to edit my signature.

Registered Users
    Country
    Malta

Ok guys cheers for the info..really appreciate it...

However the gear store is just to have something for now since my site is only 5 months old..my aim is not to sell right now (although I am already selling a few stuff) but to presell -first get traffic through Kw and SEO and monetize later.

Well that is how I figured out is the best way to start up an E-comm site. Right now I am just focusing on building content to get the traffic I need. When the time is right and have enough traffic to monetize then I will build the store accordingly.

Kris