Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
SWEET!!!!

Which particular model did you get? What video light did you use and how did you mount it? Can you go over the filters you used?
Hi Acelockco, glad the videos helped. I got the helmet mounted kit and the Eye of Mine housing for it. I mounted it on a 3' pvc pipe (epoxied one of the holder clips) so I could hold it out to get closer to critters. Took quite a bit of practice t get it right becuse of the lack of an lcd on the back. But the side angle lens works well for this. By the way, min focus is about 5-6 inched. I mounted the Inon LE 550 light right behind it. You could also hand hold a video light but I wanted to stay away so my bubbles wouldn't scare the subjects as much.

I also put the helmet mount head band on a diver climbing out of the water.

Since the camera has a fixed white balance and is not adjustable, I disagree with the idea that you don't need a filter. I tried 2 of em to see what they'd do. The large one was an old Amphibico glass filter, the other a magic filter that I mounted in a filter frame. I hand held both of them but then made a velcro holder for the Amphibico.

You could also mount a filter on the flat port lens by buying a larger one (55 or 67mm) and carefully cutting velco patches to mount it outside the field of view of the lens.

Pete