Thread: U/w Housing Test for Gopro HD

Default U/w Housing Test for Gopro HD

I've been playing around with the camera/housing and went out and filmed a nurse shark yesterday. My initial impressions are that it will make a great "supplemental" option for getting some unusual shots (angles, entries, etc) as it can be head mounted. Also, for divers that want to just take video, it's a very inexpensive option and has reasonable audio.

Very small, housing good to 100' (I tested it first), very wide angle. Focus is fixed but in testing I got about 5-6 inches from different subject. It definitely needs some type of lcd backing as its hard to frame anything..all guesswork. I also velcroed on a u/r pro filter.

For Mac users you'll have to use MPEG streamclip, or something like that, to convert the MPEG4 to prores or whatever format you edit in.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/hd/prof/index.html.
    Videos of the west Pacific are right here: www.vimeo.com/user539429/videos.

Country
    USA

Not bad, I have seen it used on a radio control flying wing for aerial shots that came out quite nice.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Not too bad for an inexpensive setup. I am sure on a bright sunny day the quality would be even better.

So what did it cost you for the entire setup. Also what do you like and what do you dislike about it?

I bought the GoPro ghelomet camera on Ebay for $250, then got the Eye of Mine u/w housing for $80.

Likes:great price, Small size, HD capable, 720P60 capable, very versatile, wide lens angle.

Dislikes: No back LCD so ya gotta get your "aim" right, which of course, I have problems with. No w/b correction, but its an easy fix to buy an oversized cc filter and velcro it on when you need it.
    Videos of the west Pacific are right here: www.vimeo.com/user539429/videos.