Hello Pete,
ahhhhhhhh Malapascua, yes that sounds familiar. I hated to film them there as the vis is usually horrible and most of the time too many divers around. I also have never been happy with the footage I got there. I don't know about the shop policies these days on what is allowed as in approaching the animal, but if possible position yourself a little bit lower than the shelf at the wall which faces to the open sea. Most divers sit on the self, so sneak around them and place yourself over the edge of the wall. sometimes the thresher circles over the wall and passes in the blue, so if you hold your breath you can shot upwards which should also give in bad vis a satisfying result. The other advantage is that the sharks always leave over the wall into the blue, so you may get a last pass with the shark dissapearing, in the best case over you.
The footage I got here is from plenty of dives and there is a lot of useless footage as well, believe me. Anyhow yes I'm fortunate to had them in exceptable vis on a nice wall, and the best of it, not at 5 o'clock in the morning, ha,ha. Hope to post another clip from the sharks if I get some more footage. So good luck for next time Pete and we hope to see a short clip here from you, Best regards klemens