Thread: New LED Video Light

Registered Users

Default New LED Video Light

This is a new kind of LED Video Light manufactured by Franz Tschur of Tauchshop Tschur in Langen, Frankfurt, Germany.
    The torch has a length of 190 mm and a diameter of 80 mm , the weight is 1200 g..
    Fitted with a 3 x 10 W LED, the light output is comparable to around 175 W Halogen. The torch produces a clear white light without any hotspots, burn time is around 3 h. The torch operates by a magnetic switch which uses a dimmer, so you can exactly control your light output. The video lamp displace it’s light at a around 120° and makes it ideal for Video. Recharging time is about 2 h if the Lithium Ionen batteries are completely empty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Country
    USA

Looks like you clip off the dome port protective cover once you jump off the dive bangka?

i am really paranoid about my port and it never comes off till I'm over and it goes on before I hand the housing back up.

The Germans are always displaying their masterful engineering.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

YES, I only remove the cover when underwater, clipping it to my BCD and putting it back on before ascending.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Too funny, I was reading your review on my Facebook page and then read this here and I was like *** until I realized that it was you in both places......LOL

Registered Users
    Country
    Spain

Nice lights! they available now? any idea of costs?
    Regards
    "I think we find true happiness when we step out of ourselves, when we give to others. Unhappiness is self and happiness is others. It's indisputable. Only by extending yourself can you grow. Through friendship, love, sharing, or through knowing... It's a matter of making yourself a mere vehicle moving toward others, and not a vehicle from others to yourself".
    Jacques Ives Cousteau
    Extract from Chantiers de l'avenir (Paths of the future), June 1995: Birthday: A Young Man of 85

Registered Users

Yes the lights are available they cost around 400 Euro a piece.