Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dive with Giant Mantas with the Rocio del Mar

Thread: Dive with Giant Mantas with the Rocio del Mar

Country
    USA

Default Dive with Giant Mantas with the Rocio del Mar

This photo was taken by Franco Banfi near Soccoro and San Benedicto several hundreds miles off of the southern end of Baja California.

Divers can now take a shot at experiencing these magnificent animal encounters during prime season on the excellent live aboard the Rocio del Mar.

I have met with and spoken numerous times with the owners and one can tell right away that they operate and provide the type of live aboard experience that does not disappoint.

I have gone yellowfin and wahoo fishing in the area and the whole time I just wanted to grab a tank and jump over, it was that spectacular.

I was captivated by a speech by Stan Waterman of diving with these gentle giants in the days when they would hang onto them or the remoras and the mantas seemed to enjoy it.

There are just not too many places left in the world where you can still have encounters with huge pelagics in waters with great visibility suitable for photography, videography or just being able to see well, and Baja California is not far from the U.S.

You can check out the Rocio del Mar's new Socorro itinerary here, and don't forget they regularly tour the Sea of Cortez where their diver guests have encountered sperm whales on numerous occasions.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Farnborough
    State
    Hampshire
    Country
    UK

Great photo, looks fantastic, I’ll have to keep on wishing for my lotto numbers to come up. So many places to go and see.