Thread: My best

Hybrid View

Snake by no means are they slow but again that's a spiny lobster. With one flick of the tail they are gone, and some how they always seem to bounce into me and half the times it's into my mask. Again taking the big lobsters will hurt the population, my motto is take seven(daily limit in CA) of his/hers kids and let him/her make seven more

City
    Los Angeles
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

I've never seen it, but I wonder if there are spinys that have the unusual colors as well. If I ever catch a blue one, or 1/2 blue 1/2 red, I'm giving them to the Aquarium of the Pacific!
    Ah-OOOOOOOGH-Ga! Dive! Dive!

I've only seen pic of the multi colored one, doubt they last long in the wild. Has anyone tried on the the colored lobster light filters? I haven't but guessing it's a waste of money.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I was not aware that the largest ones are the biggest producers. It makes sense, but then again in some animals after a certain age, they don't reproduce. I will take everyone's elses word for it though.

It really does not matter at this point as this is the last year for the big lobster here. Then again, it is not too often you see a big mutha' like those around.

As far as spiny lobster, yes they are MUCH MUCH faster than these guys here, but they can't bite back! These lobster can't swim like the spineys. They only craw, problem is they usually live hidden under broken hull plates, or in pipes, between rocks, etc. You have to reach in, grab them, and pull them out without loosing any body parts. They can also release their claws, so you have to be careful! You can not keep the broken claws either unless you have the lobster. Also no tickle sticks or anything like that allowed.

As far as maximum, I am not sure but I think it may be 6-7 /diver/day, but I have never seen that many, usually only 2-3 lobster per boat (6 pack).