Thread: diving in Indonesia

City
    DUBAI
    Country
    UAE

Default diving in Indonesia

I am looking to book a two weeks diving in Indonesia i am into macro photography mainly small critters, after doing some research on the net I have come across to many places to mention, so I am looking for recommendations on dive resorts in sulawesi or any other places ,Budget is not an issue I am just looking for good safety good quality and good service .

Thanks in advance simon
    “just living my life in the eternal summer “

Country
    USA

Simon,

Although I am now biased as we were pleased with everything, Mimpi Indah Resort on Bangka Island offers both wide angle and macro photo opportunities with no crowds at all. You can read the photo review here

Siladen Island resort in Bunaken looks like a really nice place, and we should be doing a review and production shoot there soon.

We hear good things about Kungkungan Bay Resort, and Kasawari in the Lembeh Straits. Not much wide angle, but great muck diving.
    SMN Publisher

City
    DUBAI
    Country
    UAE

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Simon,

Although I am now biased as we were pleased with everything, Mimpi Indah Resort on Bangka Island offers both wide angle and macro photo opportunities with no crowds at all. You can read the photo review here

Siladen Island resort in Bunaken looks like a really nice place, and we should be doing a review and production shoot there soon.

We hear good things about Kungkungan Bay Resort, and Kasawari in the Lembeh Straits. Not much wide angle, but great muck diving.
    thanks for the quick response what would be the best time of year to go to avoid the rainy season
    “just living my life in the eternal summer “

Country
    USA

Rainy season is November to April.

For muck diving where the subject is really close to the port, water visibility and rainfall is less important unless you wish to take scenic land photos.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

I stayed at La Rascasse Resort and dive with Minahasa Divers (right by La Rascasse). There is the house reef right by the resort where we had excellent night diving (muck diving). We also had a chance to go Bunaken island as well as Lembeh Straits. You can check out my experience at www.vimeo.com/greenturtle and look for the Manado dive videos. Have fun!
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle