Thread: help needed plz

Registered Users Empieza a bucear y's Avatar
    City
    barcelona
    Country
    spain

Question help needed plz

Hy all,
    I just bought my housing from bs kinetics it has a standard M67mm front . The question is i just bought the INON WIDE ANGLE LENS uwl-100 67MM. AND WHEN I WANT TO SCREW IT ON IT DOESNT SCREW ON THE THREAD. Do i need a adapter for this as i tought lens and front are same mm it should screw on. Any help welcome guys:confused :

Country
    USA

That wide angle lens comes in two different threads: 67mm type 1 and 67mm type 2.

You may need to change it out to the other type.
    SMN Publisher

City
    barcelona
    Country
    spain

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    That wide angle lens comes in two different threads: 67mm type 1 and 67mm type 2.

You may need to change it out to the other type.
    OKa will do , will go to the shop tomorrow. Thxs will post if this was the problem. mine is a type 1. Whats the diference from type 1 or 2 , the threadings(male, female?)

Country
    USA

I too am still trying to find out what they mean by type 1 and type 2.

Metric threads are metric threads, there should not be a type difference.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I too am still trying to find out what they mean by type 1 and type 2.

Metric threads are metric threads, there should not be a type difference.
    Ahhha you would think so, but there are different pitch threads for metric. Same thing happens in the US, we have for example a #10 24th thread as well as a #10 32nd thread. Both machine screws would be the same size, but the number of threads per inch is different.

Now I can't explain why they would do this with a lens!?!?

Country
    USA

At least with SAE threads a thread count per inch is specified! If metric threads have similar diameters but different thread pitches, they at least ought to call it out in the spec.
    SMN Publisher

City
    barcelona
    Country
    spain

At least with SAE threads a thread count per inch is specified! If metric threads have similar diameters but different thread pitches, they at least ought to call it out in the spec.
    Guys problem solved the threading wasn´t the problem. Its the threading that is farther away from the lens in the type 2 thus leaving space between case baseand lens allowing it to screw on, in the type 1 the threading is closer to the lens not allowing space to screw on as the lens makes direct contact to front base of casing not being able to screw it on for lack of space. These are used for older cams as told buy the shop. Anyway glad that got solved. Thanks for the replys m8-s

Country
    USA

Mystery solved, thanks!
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Although this no longer applies to the situation in the thread, just thought you might want to know. Metric has 2 different common threads and are labeled as pitch in mm. For example an 8mm diameter bolt can have a 1.25 thread or a 1.0 thread. They are usually labeled in the USA as "course" and "fine" as every size uses the actual size in mm of the thread. For example a 16mm diameter bolt can have a 2 thread or a 1.5 thread.

10,12,18, 20,& 22mm all have 3 different threads, just to add to the confusion.