Thread: Whaleshark hacked to Pieces in Malaysia - Graphic Photos

Country
    USA

Default Whaleshark hacked to Pieces in Malaysia - Graphic Photos

Whale shark caught and hacked into pieces in Johor

A quiet lunch affair at a seafood restaurant turned awry and bloody when a whale shark, size of a pick-up truck,*was hauled onto the jetty and hacked into pieces.
    A Singaporean eye-witness who was having his meal at the restaurant, south of Johor, Malaysia,*at that time wrote this account:

"I was there having lunch with some friends at a seafood restaurant when a local walked in and told the boss that a big shark was caught.

"I did not give much thought to it until the workers who went there to see came back and told their fellow colleagues that the shark was as big as a pick-up.

"This caught my attention. We paid for our meal and went over to the jetty to have a look.

"When we reached the jetty, it was already quite crowded. I managed to squeeze in some photos as the poor shark was being sliced by a hack saw.

According to the eye-witness, the catch could have been the joint efforts of three fishing boats which had brought the big fish in from the South China Sea, as he had*overheard conversations from the crowd.**

"As you can see, the shark was being chopped up, did not stay long to watch as we had to catch our ferry.

"Seeing the poor guy being chopped up, I was quite sad.

"What you see in picture is very different from the actual situation. There was the noise from the hack saw, blood flowing out etc."

Photos by Stomp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (124.1 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (125.9 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (119.7 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (108.1 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (125.1 KB, 5 views)
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Very tough thing to see. We try so hard to change the world and make it a better place, then things like this happen and make you feel like you are going back 100's of steps.

Country
    USA

In some areas it is a cultural and socio-economic thing...for poor people this can represent months worth of salary. The same goes for rhino horns and elephant tusks

There is still no excuse for this.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

This is heart wrenching.
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle