Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Travel BCD

Thread: Travel BCD

Hybrid View

check out the XS Scuba travel model. it weighs 5 lbs and is priced reasonably. I believe the model is called the Champion.

Scott,
    I know what you are looking for. I was a few weeks away from an 18 hour flight to a far off land and I had all my dive gear layed out on the floor in my front room and noticed that my BC was the biggest Item of the lot. I stopped by a friends scuba shop and bought a BC that was just a bladder, tank mount and a few straps to hold it all together. I could roll up the BC to the size of a paper towel roll. believe it or not I took my whole dive kit with me as a carry on, besides wieghts and tanks of course. the BC was a Mares Jubilee wing.

Mike
    Last edited by Bubble Maker; 04-24-2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: because
    Dive Into Life and Live for Diving!
    www.scubarecoveryco.com

I just bought a travel BC too, after a trip to Thailand and going over my weight limit by a few Kg.
    I got an Oceanic Islander, was on special in the local dive shop; only S$450. Great value or money, its compact, light and back inflation.

James
    SSI Instructor #22860
    Dolphin Dive Adventures, Singapore
    http://www.dolphinscuba.com.sg

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Why not consider a "wing" type BC and use a light weight backplate (i.e. Aluminum) ? There is virtually no weight to a wing.