Thread: Anyone travelling to Thailand soon?

Registered Users

Question Anyone travelling to Thailand soon?

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum

Are any of you travelling to Thailand soon or there at the moment? I'm planning to arrive in Bangkok at the beginning of april and dive as much as possible before june. It will be my first solo trip, any advice on locations, dive schools, etc would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently a BSAC ocean diver in the UK, ive just got one more skill to complete before i can be signed off, would it be possible to do this at a dive school in Thailand if i dont get a chance to do a dive with my club beforehand? Do any of you know a good dive school to complete the sport diver qualification?

Would you suggest booking a dive school before i leave or is it easier/cheaper to do so once i'm there?

I'm a little bit apprehensive about travelling april-june as its the start of monsoon season. Ive thought about trying to dive the west coast first and then the gulf a bit later on as ive heard there is more likely to be year round diving there?

Look forward to your replies

Ive left it all a bit late to organise and at the moment feel really close to not going at all, my friends and family are doing there best to scare me out of solo travel, it will be nice to hear the opinions of other travellers!

Jess

Country
    USA

Hi Jessica,

Quero is our resident in-country Thailand expert. She checks in now and then...

I hear Richellieu Rock and the Similians are awesome, but primarily live-aboards.
    SMN Publisher