Thread: How to get cheap diving at any holiday destination!

Registered Users

Default How to get cheap diving at any holiday destination!

Hi

I while ago attempting to drive traffic to a website I had been building, I wrote an article titled "Budget diving - how to get cheap diving at any holiday destination." I though with a title like that people were bound to find it and read. To date three people have read it. Sigh. That's online marketing for you.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the article with you here as well:
    Get cheap dives anywhere!

I know it's a bit controversial in places, but I thought I'd share it anyway - and hope the flame storm won't be too harsh =)

Kind regards, S. Knudsen

Country
    USA

Seemed like a reasonable article to me! Maybe I ought to show up some time with my rebreather, tell them that I am a closed circuit underwater videographer and ask for basic scuba lessons for free! lol
    SMN Publisher

Good enough article
    Amazing scuba diving stories on myscubastory.com the new user-submitted story forum

Registered Users

this article suggests that Cambodia should be our choice for a cheap diving more. But, personally, i guess that many countries in Asian can offer the best price for you to enjoy your hobby like Vietnam, Singapore or so

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

You have to figure travel costs and all the rest, for example I just got back from a trip to Fiji that was two weeks and ran about $4700.00 including Food, Lodging, and Dive package! That is about $167.86 per dive. That is not bad for world class diving, meals, and great lodging. To me this is the only way to compare prices! You also have to consider how long to get there and cost of bringing your dive gear, for the above trip airfare was included as well! So if you dive in say SoCal and have to drive 180 miles round trip @ $4.00 per gallon or use the Fed Rate at 59 Cents per mile and add parking and and other cost including you meals it is still a good deal. If your all about diving there is no better value than a Live a Board as you per tank rate cuts the cost in half for diving! On many boats you can get in 24 to 26 dives in a week and lets say your boat runs $2395.00 plus air $1200.00 you have a total of $3595.00 divided by 25 dives in ONE week or $143.80 per dive in have the time and expense as a two week trip. Your also living pretty well for that cost on a Live a board. So my feeling is you get what you pay for and you have to ask yourself what is my real reason to travel to dive?
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 12-22-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

Dang, "you the math MAN!" Great breakdown Reed
    SMN Publisher