Thread: Using other's images in the Gallery

Hybrid View

Registered Users

Angry

The whole idea of this forum page is so that members get to share their photos, get some feedback as to technique or other ways to improve our u/w phot skills. Pirating some one else's photos and posting them up serves no useful purpose.

What is more dishonest I think is to lift another person's work and then profit from it, without even crediting the original author.

Speaking of feedback, I'm dying to run many of the photos taken with the consumer cams here and run it through Photoshop!

Registered Users

As the moderator of this forum, you are entitled to edit any posting and that includes photos. But this does not detract from the fact that you have to acknowledge the original author and mention that the photo has been altered by Photoshop and in what way.

If every body learns from the process that's fine.

We hope nobody has modified anyone's photos here without their permission, and the permissable modifications we have done were color corrections in Photoshop, a free service I periodically offer to members here, but he is right, please do not take others photos and modify them and post as your own.