Thread: New to this group and fairly new to scuba diving

Registered Users
    City
    Bellbrook
    State
    Ohio
    Country
    USA

Ok, if I can figure out how to download pics here. I know that we will take lots of them and we have an underwater case for our camera, so hope to get some wreck photos.

Rae

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by raeskates View Post
    Ok, if I can figure out how to download pics here. I know that we will take lots of them and we have an underwater case for our camera, so hope to get some wreck photos.

Rae
    Rae,

Although I am sure having underwater photos would be great, the reality is that with the issues the two of you are still having while diving the best bet is to leave the camera on the boat for photos when you are not diving. Having a camera will seriously inhibit you from paying attention to more important issues you need to pay attention to.

Once you have your diving skills down so that you can do everything without even really thinking about it, then it is time for the camera. It will also be about that time that you realize that unless you spend a couple of thousand dollars on an u/w camera your photos will be disappointing at best.

I am not trying to knock you or anything like that, I just know from personal experience and want you to have a safe and fun time. If you are lucky you will find someone else on the dive that has a camera or video camera. Usually other divers will love to share the photos/video with you.

City
    Farnborough
    State
    Hampshire
    Country
    UK

Rae, acelockco is right, focus on your diving, cameras are very distracting. See if you can get other people to share their photos, the good thing about that is if you lucky you will get some great photos with you in them . Still interested in seeing Photo’s of Aruba, I’ve never been their and would love to see what it’s like, I also love just scanning through photos. I love taking photos myself; I’m no good but just enjoy being able to look back at memories and shearing with other people. Have a great Trip and be safe.

Best way of sharing photo is with Photo Bucket or a photo sharing service like that and most of them are free. I have my own Web Page and use that to share my photos.

See below

Country
    USA

We have a robust photo sharing system here in the Gallery where users can create their own albums, upload photos, the forum will generate sharing codes for thumbnails, full size images, hyperlinks, you name it.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Ace raised some good points. Speaking from personal experience, the first time I took a UW camera down on a dive, my buoyancy just went AOT and my buoyancy wasn't 100% there before.
    Lottie

Registered Users

so we didn't get to scuba dive in PR, which was two weeks later. We are going to Aruba in May, so we are hoping to get a change to scuba dive there. We are also hoping to go to Tenn, to do some practice diving however before we go. He needs to learn better control, so he doesn't pop himself up out of the water, which I think is partly causing his problem??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234