Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SoCal Diver Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
    yeah maybe when I grow old and rich (hopefully) I'll get one, but I'll always still surf in a wetsuit, so why not dive in one too.
    I haven't gotten cold while diving here in So Cal. It seems almost like cheating to dive using a drysuit...... but it sure would be nice to dive early in the morning and then head to work after just rinsing your hair instead of having to take a full shower!! When u get old and rich will you buy me a drysuit too???
    u peed in your what??!!
    www.scubapost.net

7mm open cell wetsuit works fine for me in the winter, I'll switch to a 5mm open cell when the water gets above 64-65. I can stay in the water comfortably for 4 or 5 hours with the 7mm in 54-55 degree water.

Well once again, I'm either spoiled or a cold water weenie because I will choose a drysuit over a wetsuit ANY day in SoCal!
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

dmay we must just be warm blooded because I'm fine with my wetsuit, plus during rookie school for lifeguarding I was in 49 deg. F in trunks. Ever since then I've never been cold in the water

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Jefe,

Welcome. You're lucky, you're right in line with the good dive sites at Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa and San Miguel.
    Yeah. Except for one trip to Catalina, all of my dives have been to Anacapa. But, I don't really have many dives under my belt...yet.

I got myself a money pit, I mean boat. So, hopefully I'll be getting wet a bit more.

The problem with having your own boat is you now need a guinea pig to volunteer to stay on it while everyone else gets to play except them!

SCDG, I am with you, give me a drysuit or give me death!

If I were to do a dive in open water or medium to heavy current, I would most definately want someone on the boat. I feel pretty secure leaving the boat alone near shore or in a secured cove. I just dive the anchor line(s) and make sure it's secure. The best way to do it, though, is to have either 3 or 4 divers so 1 or two stay on the boat.

yea if you have 3 divers you can rotate and you each get two dives in with different buddies

Registered Users
    City
    Avalon
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    I thought Windoze PC uers were weenies......
    Them's fighting words, lady.

Wow... Scott is here, too. Hey, I'm planning some warm water diving in the next 12 months... Red Sea and a return to SE Asia. However, you realize they are predicting another hot summer... water temps here in SoCal may hit the very upper 70's again. There goes the kelp.
    Visit my web site for images of and information about the marine life of southern California's kelp forests.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

And we would be fighting if we could get our machines to run at a decent pace cause A/V security and all that other background programs slow the hell out of them. Guess its time for an upgrade. C64 anyone?

Matt

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast