Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCal Diver Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherDave View Post
    SoCalDiveGirl, I wear a drysuit all year too. In the summer I sometimes just omit my hood.

I don't think you're a weenie at all! I think you're smart.
    I admit I'm sometimes torn when it's 102 F. in the shade in Sept. and the water temp is 72 F., I sometimes find myself looking longingly at my wet suit........but, juggling the weighting all over again just seems like too much trouble, so like you, sometimes I just toss my hood...or gloves.
    "Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro25 View Post
    I admit I'm sometimes torn when it's 102 F. in the shade in Sept. and the water temp is 72 F., I sometimes find myself looking longingly at my wet suit........but, juggling the weighting all over again just seems like too much trouble, so like you, sometimes I just toss my hood...or gloves.
    Or, if I'm REALLY desperate, I just crack my zipper ever so slightly....
    "Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro25 View Post
    I usually go topless (as in hoodless ) in summer too, but not on the longer/deeper dives..
    As far as drysuit/wetsuit, I tend to get cold easily and I don't like the 'constriction' of a wetsuit, so that's why I go dry 365 days a year
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDiveGirl View Post
    I usually go topless (as in hoodless ) in summer too, but not on the longer/deeper dives..
    As far as drysuit/wetsuit, I tend to get cold easily and I don't like the 'constriction' of a wetsuit, so that's why I go dry 365 days a year
    Exactly. Plus, there's the matter of thermoclines, where it can be 72 F. on the surface, but 60 F. at 100 ft.

The other variable is liners, of course. You can adjust the thickness of the liner that you wear, to adapt to various conditions.

Default San Diego here too....

Dry Suit divers ARE weenies!! Just kidding,,,, I just say that to make myself feel better because I cant afford a drysuit. YET!
    u peed in your what??!!
    www.scubapost.net

Quote Originally Posted by new_2_scuba View Post
    Dry Suit divers ARE weenies!! Just kidding,,,, I just say that to make myself feel better because I cant afford a drysuit. YET!
    As they say: 'There are two types of divers: those who pee in their wetsuits and those who lie.'

I thought Windoze PC uers were weenies......

Registered Users

All this Cold water discussion made me go put on a sweatshirt....We need to get you guys to warmer waters

Quote Originally Posted by TravelnSJ View Post
    All this Cold water discussion made me go put on a sweatshirt....We need to get you guys to warmer waters
    Maybe we need to get you to colder waters
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by TravelnSJ View Post

Ill be in on that. Where are you taking us?

Matt

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast