Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
Reef like all living things live and die! There is a bell curve and that says at any given time 1/3 of the reef is new, 1/3 is middle aged, and 1/3 will be dying and that is life! It is called a cycle! We can document the cycle and be good stewards to our environment as to promote husbandry and the reef as an asset not damaging it with anchors and man mad effluent! But the ocean won't even remember Mankind in the scheme time! In less than 250000 years the moon will leave orbit and there will no longer be tides! So then what? Oh the lefties will figure out it was our fault and taxes us to save the planet! LOL
Yes, the reef, like all living things live and die. And yes that is the cycle of life, however your bell curve is only an idea in your head and has no bearing on reality and the real cycle of life. Organisms can definitely be in different stages of the life cycle in varying amounts. Take a look at the life cycle of a sea turtle. There are thousands of babies born for every parent. So there are surely more than 1/3 of new. BUT only a few survive to adulthood. Now sea turtles can live an extremely long life so that can't be only 1/3, especially considering they usually get caught in a net, bitten by a shark, hit by a boat, get sick, or die of old age. Most of those things cause it to die rather quickly, so that would be much less than 1/3.

The science you make up in your mind is not real, just because you want it or think it is true.

And you assume WAY too much and think you know what I believe when you have no idea about the way I feel. You only know a few words that I choose to type. If you really had a grasp on what I feel and think you would probably rethink your entire life.