Thread: Swine flu - is it safe to go to Mexico?

Registered Users

Default Swine flu - is it safe to go to Mexico?

Hi - Obviously there is lots of news about Swine Flu - but can anyone tell me what it is like on the ground in Mexico - my guess, like all these things, is that its not too risky - there are after all over 100 million people in Mexico and only 100 have died. Anyone there now, or just returned who can advise?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Go enjoy your trip.

There was some scare when I was going on my honeymoon. I am SOOOOOO glad we didn't skip it. You will regret it if you do.

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Go diving, haven't heard the swine flu has gone diving yet
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

Country
    USA

The media engages in fearmongering for fun and profit. If it is not Hong Kong Flu, Asian flu, Bird flu, Alar sprayed apples, electromagnetic transmission from power lines, cell phones and brain cancer, the non-existent heterosexual AIDS non-epidemic, blah blah, they will cook up something new.

When the moronic World Health Organization first declared the swine flu a pandemic in June, and the fearmongering media breathlessly and unquestioningly declared the sky was falling, to that date, swine flu has only killed 144 people, which is about the same number as the regular season flu kills every HOUR.

If you REALLY want to protect yourself with a far more statistically effective defensive means far more likely to protect yourself, wear a crash helmet while driving your car and don't listen to the World Hleath Organization or the media.

Other than that, I have no opinion,lol.

Go dive and have fun, but of course, report back on your dive trip!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

It is like most things this administrations does a total screw up! This guy in his first year has had phony flue scares, a number of terrorist attacks, a take over of the health system, the doubling of or debt, and the beginning of the end of SCUBA travel! Go while you can and have fun while unemployment is above 10% and you have a few dollars left!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/