Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Scuba Pro SeaWing Nova fins

Thread: New Scuba Pro SeaWing Nova fins

Country
    USA

Default New Scuba Pro SeaWing Nova fins

Fins design is a flavor-of-the-month sort of thing, and one of the ultimate gimmicks in my opinion is split fins, and manufacturers apparently have to pay the character who cut a regular fin down the middle and patented it and took it to dive shows, so it is interesting to see ScubaPro incorporate the word "wing" into their shtick, but these fins do look interesting.

SMN Publisher

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

Default Lovely!

Looks like more useless, overpriced crap. Spend your money on further education, instead.
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

what, so now we have to dive with our legs spread?

ANOTHER FAILURE!!

Registered Users

Default Sea Wing fins

I bought a set and love them! Lousy for a "frog kick" but great thrust and speed with these fins. Will see how they hold up over the next few months.

Country
    USA

About $150 USD
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I actually take back what I said. I have seen these fins and they are very well made. They look like they would work well, and other divers that I spoke with have loved them. I use the Frog Kick more often then not, so I don't know how they would work for me, but I did see that someone mentioned they were not too good for that.

City
    DUBAI
    Country
    UAE

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    I actually take back what I said. I have seen these fins and they are very well made. They look like they would work well, and other divers that I spoke with have loved them. I use the Frog Kick more often then not, so I don't know how they would work for me, but I did see that someone mentioned they were not too good for that.
    I picked a pair up in the shop and promptly put them back down again they just do not feel right …I will stick with my 5 year old Tusa split fins
    “just living my life in the eternal summer “

Country
    USA

Foot pocket size and comfort of wearing a fin is important as alluded to....I would guess anything made by ScubaPro will be well made and cosmetically superior.
    SMN Publisher

They are very expensive. They're also not appropriate for all fining types. Those of you that love jet fins will HATE these. Those of you who have just started diving will not notice.

We have had a pair in our shop for about 6 months and after letting people take them on dives we still can't sell them. Terrible fins.