Thread: Pro - Con Comparison of 3 Top Line Regulators?

Registered Users

Default Pro - Con Comparison of 3 Top Line Regulators?

What are the pros and cons, (price is not a factor), of the ScubaPro MK25/A700, Apeks XTX 200 and Atomic ST1? I am trying to choose between these three; all have LDS in the area with full repair facilities. I will diving both cold and warm water. How about the exhaust; any better or worse for bubbles in front of the mask?
    Thanks

Country
    USA

They are all smokin rigs. The Apeks gives you the option of a large exhaust T, a feature I think is really nice.

The Atomics, although stainless steel and titanium parts are cool, I would prefer an all titanium one as long as I wasn't using nitrox with an 02 content off the scale.

If you travel, that 2lbs or whatever weight savings can make a difference.

Because of the large exhaust T, the Apeks would be my choice.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

ScubaPro offers lifetime replacement parts as long as you have the unit serviced every year.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I think I need to take back what I said.

I need to know more about your diving. How long have you been diving. How many times per year do you dive. Where do you dive? Are you a travel diver or do you dive near your home? If you provide that info. I can better help you with your regulator decision as well as that of your BC that you were asking about.

City
    Newmarket
    State
    Ontario
    Country
    Canada

Default Reg recommendations

If you are talking cold water as in 34 degree type of cold......a definite vote for Apeks(environmentally sealed of course)

City
    DUBAI
    Country
    UAE

Default MK25

Quote Originally Posted by cbrussell View Post
    What are the pros and cons, (price is not a factor), of the ScubaPro MK25/A700, Apeks XTX 200 and Atomic ST1? I am trying to choose between these three; all have LDS in the area with full repair facilities. I will diving both cold and warm water. How about the exhaust; any better or worse for bubbles in front of the mask?
    Thanks
    i use the Mk25 with the 650 reg i have had this for 4 years now and i dive every weekend with it, so far i have not had any probs
    “just living my life in the eternal summer “

I have a MK25 and S600 and so does my buddy. Amazing reg and no problems at all! I had it serviced for the first time two months ago and it's 4yrs old. and I really don't think it needed it, just did it because I'm using it weekly for school.

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

I'm a big fan of the Poseidon XStream setups; they have a few different models.

They are durable, easy to breath at all depths, all temps, 2nd stage is super light/comfortable in the mouth and have side discharge for exhaust bubbles.

- FD

Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Poseidon XStream setups; they have a few different models.

They are durable, easy to breath at all depths, all temps, 2nd stage is super light/comfortable in the mouth and have side discharge for exhaust bubbles.

- FD
    FD, that reminds me, the few times I do open circuit as of late, I HATE how exhaust t's on standard regs swarm your face with bubbles.

When I was a kid, exhaust t's were just that, large rectangular rubber pieces that deflected bubbles under the sides of your face.
    SMN Publisher

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I did just look at the APEX today and I must say it is a nice regulator. Truthfully, any of the high end regulators are going to be great. Look into what the cost of rebuilding one is and the warranty. Many offer lifetime parts as long as you have it rebuilt every year.

I wonder if you ever even purchased a regulator?