Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Coral Sea is still kicking!

Thread: The Coral Sea is still kicking!

Threaded View

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Default The Coral Sea is still kicking!

On Aug 15th 1974 the town of Santa Barbra came to a virtual shut down for the moving of the largest boat built in the city! The Coral Sea the dream of Capt. Glen Miller was being moved in the early morning mist to the harbor for her launching! I was on one of her early voyages and a friend of Glen's, who had owned the Emerald for many years! I have many great memories aboard her, a dive boat built by a diver for divers and to chase dreams!

Well Glen Died in 1981 when he flew his helicopter into the cable and Lee's Ferry and I just read his Son Zach died in May of this year! So sad, both went way before their time!

So I wanted to know where his beloved Coral Sea was these days? Well I found her and she is doing well. She is owned by Humboldt State University and is now their Research Vessel and has had R V added to her name! She is now 13.5ft longer and looks well taken care of! If you ever had the opportunity to dive on this boat or know Glen, you know how much history and love was in this boat!

Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to go aboard her in the future or tell my stories of this great boat and her Captain!

She is doing good work and Glen and Zach would be happy and proud to know she is still sailing the waters of California!

http://www.humboldt.edu/~marinelb/do...handbook07.pdf
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 10-04-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/