Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlantis Dumaguete Dive Resort Review with 73 Photos

Default Any Recommendations?

I just wanted to add that this was a good article that also brought back good memories. I stayed at the Atlantis Resort Dumaguete three years ago, and the staff, guides, diving, service, and room quality were great. If you are into macro photography, Dumaguete is a great place to go. We did not see a blue ringed octopus, but got a lot of great shots of a flamboyant cuttlefish. As with many, the Ducomi Pier was at the top of our “Do Again List”.

Since I have only been diving in the Philippines at Dumaguete, I am curious about the comparison to Puerto Galera. Which location would you choose if you could go back to Philippines? Would you recommend another location in the Philippines? I am an avid photographer, so I am looking for a location that may offer a little bit of macro and wide angle. I plan to travel in March or April of 2010. Any recommendations?

I highly recommend Mabul and Sipadan, which I stayed at Sipadan Water Village. Again, great diving and great accommodations, which offers the best of macro and wide angle with schools of jacks, barracuda, bumpheads, sharks, turtles. You get the picture..

I am looking for recommendations for the Pacific area, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia or Malaysia.

Country
    USA

Hello Oki,

Dumaguete is really quite, Puerto Galera is a little more bustling. You can read a full review we did of Atlantis Puerto Galera here that also has the very first HD video I threw together with no experience whatsoever.

Puerto Galera, or more properly Sabang is good diving too, with lots of macro critters, and they have Verde Island, their version of Apo.
    SMN Publisher

Default Thanks

Thanks for the link. I am seriously thinking about PG, as I really enjoyed the Atlantas Resort and their service. Can you recommend any other locations in the Pacific that might offer both muck and open water for larger sea life?

Country
    USA

Yes, Anilao is smoking for macro and wide angle, and take a trip across the channel to Maricaban island and dive with resort owner Jose Evans and her crew at Maricaban and Sombrero island for some wide angle and drift diving.

Anilao is 1 hour south by Jeepney of Batangas, the port you take to get to Puerto Galera.

P.G. has stuff to do after diving, Anilao is real quiet.
    SMN Publisher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12