I just wanted to add that this was a good article that also brought back good memories. I stayed at the Atlantis Resort Dumaguete three years ago, and the staff, guides, diving, service, and room quality were great. If you are into macro photography, Dumaguete is a great place to go. We did not see a blue ringed octopus, but got a lot of great shots of a flamboyant cuttlefish. As with many, the Ducomi Pier was at the top of our “Do Again List”.

Since I have only been diving in the Philippines at Dumaguete, I am curious about the comparison to Puerto Galera. Which location would you choose if you could go back to Philippines? Would you recommend another location in the Philippines? I am an avid photographer, so I am looking for a location that may offer a little bit of macro and wide angle. I plan to travel in March or April of 2010. Any recommendations?

I highly recommend Mabul and Sipadan, which I stayed at Sipadan Water Village. Again, great diving and great accommodations, which offers the best of macro and wide angle with schools of jacks, barracuda, bumpheads, sharks, turtles. You get the picture..

I am looking for recommendations for the Pacific area, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia or Malaysia.