Thread: Kerala cuisine

Registered Users

Default Kerala cuisine

There are a number of eating-out options available here. Do make it a point to savor the mouthwatering sea-food delights here. At Kovalam there are a number of beachside restaurants serving excellent sea-food including lobster and shrimp delicacies

There a number of Poovar eateries who derive their names from the erstwhile. There is plenty to choose from – Fish, Chicken and Mutton, not much a choice for vegetarians, except in the snacks department, which you can try at “Tiffin Time” in the evenings.

To start off, I like the Fish Curry in white coconut gravy with Malabari Paratha (Parota) with a fried Pomfret on the side. Ipop a piece of the succulent fish on tongue, followed by a generously soaked portion of the soft paratha in the delicious rich gravy, close my eyes, and press the juicy food between my tongue and palate. Never bite, just press the tongue upwards against your palate and savor the heavenly taste as the fish disintegrates releasing the delicious juices and spicy flavor.

Next a Chicken Korma (the Chicken Stew is good too) with Appams and then have favorite Malabari style Mutton Biryani.

enjoy an evening ‘banana based’ snack like banana roast, banana fry, banana bonda etc which are the specialty of the place with a cup of tea or coffee.

Mouthwatering food. Nourishing snacks. Lip smacking gravies. Satiating meals. Value For Money eating. Next time you are in poovar eateries, give the place a try.

Country
    USA

Poovar is a remote tropical Island destination in the south of India in the Arabian sea.

I wonder how the diving is....
    SMN Publisher