Thread: underwater videographer located in the Philippines

Registered Users

Default underwater videographer located in the Philippines

Hi to all,
    as you can see I'm new here and I found the platform as I stumbled over Dave Allen in facebook as we have a few mutual friends.
    Born in Germany, I live in the Philippines since 1995 in Moalboal, Cebu.
    I started with underwater videography in 2003 with a sony single chip camera in a light& motion top dawg, followed by a sony TRV 950 in a ikelite housing ( I would never spent a single dime in a plastic housing anymore, learned a lesson here) and now I'm very fortunate to own a sony FX-1 in a Gates housing.
    So I hope I can find some answers here to my questions I have regarding cameras, housings and configurations and hopefully I can also answer some questions from other users or give them ideas how to solve their problems. For samples of my work please feel free to watch some short movies at www.moalboal-cebu.com/klemens.
    Best regards,
    Klemens

Country
    USA

Welcome to the SMN Community Klemens.

We set it up so if you take the url to a video hosted on YouTube, Exposureroom, Vimeo, etc, and just paste it here, it will automatically render no uploading required.

Nice videos, it looks like you are into macro also. We haven't been to Moalboal to do any promos yet....Some say it is awesome, some say there is enough stuff to see of only 3 days which is hard to imagine as I can spend 3 days in a patch 10 x 10 meters.

Glad to have someone "in-country" here.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

How do you upload videos from you tube or vimeo. I pasted a link but get no player displayed, only the link?
    I used the insert image button, guess that was not correct, Please enlighten me.
    Thanks, Klemens

Country
    USA

Just locate your video in Vimeo, Yotube, or whatever, then go up to the address bar in your browser window, locate the url address, copy and paste it.

It will look like below but without the "parse" tags:

[parse]http://www.vimeo.com/2002976[/parse]

When I just paste the above web address without the parse tags, it automatically renders as this:

It works for Youtube also.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Smile

cheers, that wasn't so difficult after all. I just uploaded a short video about Moalboal and it works.
    thanks again, Klemens