Thread: Incident with Cis-Lunar Mk VI Discovery

Country
    USA

Default Incident with Cis-Lunar Mk VI Discovery

It is good to see Poseidon staying on top of this, and I am glad the diver is fine:

Cis-Lunar Mk VI Discovery Incident
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wow, isn't that something. It is good to hear that the diver did not suffer any permanent injuries. It is also good to see that Poseidon jumped in so quickly to figure out what happened and to find a solution.

My guess is that as rebreathers are becoming much more common, more of the bugs will get worked out. I also suspect that the technology is going to make rebreathers easier for divers to use and less expensive to own and operate. At least I hope because I would like one.

Country
    USA

The Cis-Lunar Mark VI Discovery is specifically designed for entry level divers to go straight closed circuit for about $6500.

Although the unit is designed for recreation limits although it can be trimix enabled, the Mk VI is probably the most technologically advanced rebreather ever made short of current NASA space suits.

I will be diving one shortly and writing a report. A Cis-Lunar Mk VI that is, not a NASA suit, lol
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I am looking forward to your review.