This is REALLY slick:

SMN Publisher

Fantastic!!
    What do you think $800-$1200?

Country
    USA

They are going for $1200.
    SMN Publisher

I'd like to buy this computer for my girlfriend but can't find any opinions. Anyone use Mares Icon HD?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by fabien View Post
    I'd like to buy this computer for my girlfriend but can't find any opinions. Anyone use Mares Icon HD?
    I have not used one, and while it is very cool, I can't see any reason to spend $1200 on a dive computer unless you are a professional and would be diving a few times a week, year round. And if I were going to spend that kind of money it would not be on this computer. It looks like a toy. It is HUGE and would be in my way all of the time. I also think uploading photos to your dive computer is kind of stupid. I would rather see a decent computer that comes with amazing software for the PC/MAC that does some really awesome dive logs with photos, maps, etc.

Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by acelockco; 02-10-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Registered Users

I have not had a chance to play with one of these in person (yet), but they have a great site obtainable to walk you through the Mares Icon HD computer. It looks amazingly simple to make use of with only four buttons that have similar functions irrespective of the screen you are on.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by charmimn View Post
    It looks amazingly simple to make use of with only four buttons that have similar functions irrespective of the screen you are on.
    That has to be really simple. The buttons don't have anything to do with the screen you are on....so I guess you start pushing buttons at random until it does what you want....or you die while searching for information.

Reality is that we have tons of spammers (I believe charmimn is one of them). Lately theses spammers started putting in reply's to threads in our forum, but the reply's are generic at best and usually don't make any sense.

I wonder how invaluable these people's lives are that they can spend so much time signing up for fake accounts and posting to our forum. DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR LIFE'S PEOPLE!!