Thread: Should I go diving during Jul in Phuket?

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Default Should I go diving during Jul in Phuket?

Hi,

Just leaving this post with our Thai Scuba friends "I'll be in Phuket next month with family and would like to sneak a day off to Scuba, is this a good time and where would you recommend for a day trip?"

Any good dive centre to recommend that I can take the trip with? Looking forward to diving with someone from this forum

Thanks!
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

www.vimeo.com/greenturtle

City
    Phuket
    Country
    Thailand

Well, I missed this, and it's already August so I can't be of any help to the OP, but for anyone else interested in a Thai dive holiday, please count on me for advice and assistance.

Country
    USA

Nice to see our resident Thailand expert!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks, this came a bit late though, but we had a great time in Phuket - shopping

The weather was unpredictable - Yahoo weather forecasted mini thunderstorms but we had 3 days of sun! Didn't book any sea faring trips due to the unpredictability. Next time then.

Cheers.
    "And God created great sea-animals, and every living soul that creeps with which the waters swarmed after their kind..." (MKJV) Gen 1:21

Country
    USA

Well, I guess we will have to settle for a shopping report than a dive trip report, lol.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Singapore
    State
    Singapore
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Well, I guess we will have to settle for a shopping report than a dive trip report, lol.
    Ok, there's one item that i shopped which I'll like to share - the Mares Strobe light w/ LED Torch. Bought one of those and the design was just "lousy", the 2nd time i tried to close the battery cover, it got jammed and one connecting piece broke off. Ended up exchanging it for a dive bag (which requires topping up the price difference).

I like Mares products, but the battery cover was just badly designed for this one. Anyone got any experience using this?

PS : just google "Mares Strobe Light with LED Torch" if you want to take a look at the product. (not going to advertise for any vendors )