Thread: New Spanish Wreck Discovered!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Default New Spanish Wreck Discovered!

I have been asked to be on a team to map and document a new Spanish Wreck that is unidentified at present. We are putting the team together and will be leaving next month. It will be quite an experience and will produce a lot of pictures and a new Video. I will keep all informed and this is the first place to have this news. We maybe recruiting in the future for volunteers to help with the mapping. All your skills will need to be top notch and a good ability to follow directions.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

We are looking forward to reports and video. Sounds like quite the adventure.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Sounds interesting, when will we be seeing you, or your footage, on the Discovery Channel?
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

That's a good question? We fly out the 6th of July to survey the site! We will grid document the site.... So far 20 canon have been identified as canon! I am told it is at a location that will be challenging, but the viz looks pretty good! So I will have to get permission from the guy who has found and registered it, before I can post or release info on it! The last thing he wants is a contaminated site with divers and boat traffic! So if all goes well some time in July!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    We maybe recruiting in the future for volunteers to help with the mapping. All your skills will need to be top notch and a good ability to follow directions.
    Darn, I would love to help but that ability to follow directions is going to be an issue.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

You can always LOCK away that side! Don't lose the key!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    You can always LOCK away that side! Don't lose the key!
    LOL, well if someone decides they need help and are willing to pay my way out there and such, let me know. I would just have to bite my tongue. You know it would be worth it if I was diving for free or even better, getting paid to dive.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I have the feeling it will be at best a Mel Fisher kind of deal, where once the ground work is done they will charge to dive it and offer a Archeologist cert for your wallet! Under the new rules that Clinton signed in 1993, no real money comes from the wreck like in the old days! Government, Museums, and the Production people make it all! One of the real ways is to have people pay to dive, but they do get to be a part of it and history! So no new mansion on the hill for me, just the same one

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

It is official! We leave July 6th 2009! Look out Cannon here I come!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I am here on site and a lot has happened! We flew in yesterday to find out that the boat we had arranged was not available!!!! So now we have burned a day trying to find one! The local dive ops want big bucks and one that "Would have done it" has two of three boats broke down! It is only two miles, but maybe the longest two in history! Waiting to have a beer with a captain with a boat who might be interested??? Next the two divers who found it are now fighting over it and the locals don't know who to trust! The other guy is talking about bringing up stuff without state permission! The plot thickens! This is not easy stuff! I will try to keep you posted!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast